Tuesday, 19 May 2009

Day 2

After the activities on day one (including Bradley's birthday celebrations) the children fell into bed and were asleep within minutes of lights out. It seems that getting up may be more of a problem now than getting the children to go to sleep.

The weather is mad! One minute it is raining, the next it's hot and sunny and the next its freezing and hailing - pretty hard to plan what to wear in the morning.

Two groups today went canoeing (Mr Neat's and Mrs Stewarts's) which they loved - with the possible exception of sitting in a field beside the river in the hail eating our lunch.

Mrs C's group went caving (can't tell you too much about that as they have literally just come off the minibus caked in mud and are currently showering.) Mrs Cohen's group have been 'adventuring' today, which they enjoyed, particularly walking through an abandoned train tunnel in the pitch darkness. Mrs King's group went mountain climbing and faired slightly better than yesterdays group who had to survive torrential rain and gale force winds.

Right now the duty group are preparing the dining room for dinner, whilst everyone else is planning their 'turn' for the talent(less?) show on Thursday evening.

Tuesday photos coming after I've eaten (priorities!!)

50 comments:

  1. phoned mum speak to u 2morrow


    love chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ori,
    Hope you had a great time canoeing and that you didn't get too wet (or maybe i should hope that you did as you love it so much!). It's very quiet in the house without you and Ben misses you so much he woke up crying and slept in my bed last night! He's been taking care of your cuddly toys for you by the way!
    Love you loads, miss you....
    Maman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope dinner was good! Now please give us some pictures..... we're dying here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah Hope your having a great time. Chimpee says hello he is keeping your bed warm :) Would love to hear what you are doing. Lots of love & kisses Mum, Dad & Elliot xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jay , it was so lovely to speak to you today and am so happy to hear what a great time your having. I'm sooooooooooooo proud of you and hope your proud of yourself too cos you should be! Hope you and everyone else enjoy the rest of the adventure ..... Lots of love Mum and Dad xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kirsty, I miss you lots and hope you are having a fab time and making the most of your time there. Love you and miss you

    Mummy & Benjy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Max, hope you are all having a good time and enjoying the activites. I wish you were here, as its very lonely and quiet without you. I can't wait to hear about everything on Friday! Remember to take some photos and see ya on Friday. Lots of love Harry xxxx p.s. Mum, Dad & Jessie send all their love. Write something on here if you have the time xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barr,i hope you get the massages and dont worry if you cant get to the phone - as long as you are well and happy, we as well.
    we will speak soon - friday is not far now.
    Aviv says: i miss you very much i was crying when you left i want you to come back soon have fun i love you bye.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx from all of us.
    have a great day 2moro, it should be nice ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi elisa my blog comments are on the glasbury 17-22 may, bit so click on it
    love dad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ya Lou it was lovely to talk to you, you sound like you are having a wonderful time missing ya as always big hugs and kisses
    mummy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tayla - it was great to hear your voice earlier today! Glad you're having a fab time and hope you're feeling a little better than earlier today!! Please tell Mr Neat or Mrs Cohen if you're not feeling well because they will know what to do!!
    The house is still quiet today without you and I'm counting down the sleeps until you get home - love you loads my angel - sleep tight (when you eventually get there) xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sam,
    Dad was really happy that you phoned before and I am pig sick that I was not in(I know that you tried my mobile, too). I am so pleased that you are having a great time and that you are enjoying the activities I can't wait to see the pictures on the blog!
    Miss you and love you. Mum XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Josh W - How did the moutain climbing go? That is a question please answer it!! Hint, Hint!! Jay, please pass this message to Josh. I am keeping Fifa 09 warm and LFC just keep on winning. Enjoy your trip, see you Friday. Off with the stinky girls to walk your dog. Luv from the Man of the house, Daddy not Dash.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mr Neat. do you think you could please check on Barr and see if he feels well and takes his medicines? a reply or to hear from him would be fantastic. many thanks for your hard work. yael

    ReplyDelete
  15. David I hope you got my message earlier. It was so lovely to speak to you today, the house is quite without you and mashcakes arguing. We miss tou loads but are so pleased that byou are having a fabulous time. Love you more Mummy, Daddy and Mashcakes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Kai...am following this blog with interest as I am usually the one doing this kind of thing when I take my school away. The activities sound fab,,not sure what group you are in so don't know what you got up to...hope you got muddy and dirty though!! That usually means you have had fun...How are you managing without the Playstation...get used to it...I have been in your house, taken it and sold it on Ebay!!!.....,.......
    Joking!!! Say hi to all the friends I know...Jordan,David Vic etc....Keep having fun and come in to tell me about it when you get home. Loads of love Laura and all next door xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Max. It was lovely to speak to you earlier and hear how much you are enjoying it at Glasbury. hope you found what you was looking for and can let us know. we miss you loads and cant wait to see you on friday
    lots of love Mum,Dad and Harry x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. hii mum and dad its lauren here!! It was soo nice to phone you and here your voices. Im having a great time and cant wait to see you on friday! Although mummy isnt going to be there i cant wait to see you daddy!!! The food is great dad lol x and i am having soo much funn! I hope your looking after milly and playing with her ext... Once again i cant wait to see you friday and i love you sooo muchhhh!!
    LOVE YOU XX!
    all my love from lauren xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi rosiebums guess who it is? Doods here wishing u all my love and hope nothing minor is going on !i dont care about major ones tho lolxxxxLove u lots!!!!!!!!Doods/Dr/Dr david/david
    LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!!!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello its Elisa I am saying hi to all my family.Today I did the adventure activity.First we did these long walks withought our instructor and we had to find the mini bus.Then we had lunch. After that we went into a tunnel which was pitch black and we couldn't see a thing.Then whwn we got outside we saw our instructor setting up the zip wire.We had to climb up some trees to get to the zip wire.Then we went back into the tunnel and went home.The food is lovely here and I am sleeping well but Glasbury house is not asa good as my home.Bye guys love you (espicially my family)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi again Tayla - just wanted to say that I hope you feel better in the morning and I'm sure Mrs Stuart is going to make a great nurse!!! She said she'll phone me in the morning to let me know if you're still feeling sick and we'll decide then what to do. Climb into bed my sweetie and have sweet dreams and I'll talk to you tomorrow! Love you the whole world baby girl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. jordan it was so lovely to hear from you x so happy you're having a brilliant time, knew you would. keep having lots of fun and make sure mrs stewart joins in!!! lol xxx love you more

    mummy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxfor you and kai xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. it was so nice to hear your voice Barr even if it was just for a minute. you sound happy and well and we hope you enjoing your friends and haveing great time.
    We love you very much and wish you a great day 2omoro.
    (thank you mr neat ...). good night.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Lauren It was wonderful to chat to you tonight and to read your message!! I am glad you are feeling better, now please make sure your cousin gets better quickly too !!! We are so pleased that you are having a great time and have just seen all the photos that Mr Neat has put on the website !! - excellent !!! Hope you have another fantastic day tomorrow !! I have been talking to Milly and she also seems to be missing you !!! Can't wait to see you on Friday !!!! will send more messages and hope to get more from you too !!! All our love and more Mum and Dad xoxoxoxxoxoxo We love and miss you so much cookie !!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Amy,
    seen the photos and you look like you are having a ball..and no, you can't have a dog aswell. Nearly bought coco a birthday cake today but they were all for dogs!

    if you want to call use my mobile, mr. neat should have it, but if you don't not to worry.
    should be sunny tomorrow.
    Love you lots
    Mum, dad and coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ab fab hearing from you twice today - missing you so much but so happy you are having a blast - reece says hello and is missing you as well - have fun and get dirty bubbles, love you to the moon and stars and back again mwa xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sam just seen Mr Neat's pictures and they are great you look CLEAN(ish) anyway keep having fun enjoy tomorrow and thanks for the 4th phone call it was sweet night night and love you more than that - mum, dad and ryanxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. morning elisa and all the rabble.hope you all slept well,
    well another day in the jungle, we keep voting to keep you in ,lets see who will king or queen of glasbury, have fun the frenkels xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Chloe -

    We're so pleased to see you in a few of the photos'. Looks like you had a fun day, although you're looking far too clean. Go and jump in some muddy puddles for a while. It's a shame I missed your phone call yesterday. Everyone says hello and sends you lots of hugs and kisses. Can't wait to see you on Friday.
    All our Love, Mum, Dad, Alex and Libbi. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Day 3 in the Big Glasebury House ...... 7.41 am... Most of the housemates are moaning and want their breakfast and looking forward to today's tasks. Mr Neat has been up all night putting photos on the computer and Mrs Cohen has been to the diary room to ask for her straighteners. Have a great day! Lots of love to Hols. xxx Rochelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. morning glasbury kibbutz! hope your weather is better today, and wishing everyone a great day and those feeling a bit poorly wishing you better xxx jordan have fun today and try and write on the blog, love you more xxxx

    mummy x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Morning Tayla - hope the nurse made special effort during the night to keep you comfortable..!! Hope you're feeling better now and well enough to go out and about with everyone else. Let me know how you're feeling - loooooove yoooooou looooads xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Morning Campers - hope you all had a good night sleep and ready for what the day brings ahead. Hope to read a blog from you maybe Sam if not dont worry pics were great missing you loads bigs hugs and kisses await for you. Love you lots Mummy, Daddy and Ryanxxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Bore Da!!! how's that for a bit of culture.
    Big hi to everyone - Hope all kids and teachers etc are fit for another day of fun, big hello to Jay - have to say that it was brill speaking to you yesterday, miss you like mad, but am so happy to know you are having the time of your life, as I think all the kids are. The Photos are amazing, so thanks to Mrs C & Mr N - All the kids should be proud of themselves, I think I can speak for all Mums/Dads/grandparents/brother/sisters/friends and assorted pets etc - we are all very proud of you all and can't wait to see you on Friday - hope Tayla is feeling better today - Jay Love you loads and enjoy your trek up Welsh Everest today - hope the weather holds out and you all have a fab day Dad & Mun xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Morning Max, great to hear from you yesterday, though Harry was upset that he didnt get to talk to you. Hope you now have a new inhaler and will have a great day today (hope the weather is nice for you all).
    Have fun and thanks Mr Neat for this wonderful blog! We actually feel like we're there too.
    Lots of love mum, dad, harry & jessie xxxx
    (nana & papa are missing u too) x

    ReplyDelete
  36. David it was great to get a message from you, I am so happy you are having such a great time, we all miss you so much. And I love you more. Love Mummy, Daddy, Mash, and Nanny and Puppa miss you too xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hey Rat (Jordan)

    Mum said you phoned yesterday. Sorry I wasn't in I was at the cinema. I went to see Wolverine, it was sooooooooo good and I saw the Transformers 2 trailer which looks wicked! I shall take you to see it when it comes out. Mum said you're having lots of fun. Did you like canoeing? I did it and it was so much fun. What are you doing today?
    Muv tried to tuck me in (again) last night. PLEASE come home soon!!!!! Oh and the playrrom looks really good as my new wardobe room =D
    Can you please write back on this blog or on Facebook as I wont be in tonight to talk to you. I admit it, I miss you lol and I want to hear what you've been doing. If any of your friends see this comment please tell Jordan to write on here!!!!
    Hope you're all having a FAB time!
    Love you rat
    Ashleigh xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Good Morning Year 6, Clore Tikva

    Great thank you to all the teachers and helpers for making this trip happen. A special thank to Mr. Neat for the photo's, they are great. Keep us all updated, miss Brandon loads. Have another fab day to you all.

    Max (Brandon mum) and Ella xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Mr. Neat, as the kids have enjoyed it so much, do you think it would be possible to keep them there for another week, as it is half term next week?

    Not say I don't miss my little man, but the peace and quite is wonderful.

    I await your reply

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Sarah just found out about this site so sorry would have left a message before. Hope you are having a wonderful time and im so sorry missed your call. The bunnies and April say hello, we all miss you and would love to hear what you are doingxxxxx

    Have a great day

    Mum,Dad Alex, Elisabeth,William & Emily xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi again Tayla - I'm soooooo pleased you're feeling better!!!! Mrs Stuart also phoned this morning and told me that you've gone out with everyone and I'm pleased you're well enought to do that!! Hope you have a great time today. Tamar has asked where you are but I don't think she gets that you're on a school trip somehow....! Speak soon angel child xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Jay, Mum calling - hope you, and everyone is having a great day and that the weather is not to bad, so good to speak with you yesterday, now that this is the best holiday you have been on we have cancelled Vegas and booked a week camping!!!! enjoy - love you more than changing my colour scheme!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Joe

    Mummy here - can't believe I've actually worked out how to use this thing!!

    Was so lovely to hear from you yesterday and I'm so pleased you're having a great time.

    Hopefully you will get this message and be able to send a quick reply.

    Love you and miss you loads

    Mummy Smith xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Good day to you Sophie B

    If you are going to call today we will not be home until after 5pm. Don't worry though if you were not going to. I just wanted to let you know.

    Hope you've had a fandabbydozi day.

    Lov ya, mummyxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  45. hi everyone, looks like you are having a really great time, wish I could be there too. The pics look amazing, and Han, how is the hair holding up!!!! I do miss our little "hairtrums" in the mornings. Make the most of your time left, love you lots - Mum x x

    ReplyDelete
  46. hi Glasbury, this is London calling..all has gone quiet..should all be feed and watered now - hope everyone had a fab day...hoping for some more great photos....

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Jay - hope today was as good as yesterday, its very quiet here - I have no one to wait on and the trampoline is missing you...can't wait to hear what you have got up to today and can't wait to see you - I think a trip to Go Ape is on the cards and you can show me up...love u love u love u missing you loads Dad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Sarah J - hope you had a good day today, nana and grandad send their love and hope you are having a great time. Elisabeth says hi and currently trying to catch the rabbits you see it lol ! William is on the trampoline and Emily is screaming at William for being on it! Alex says hello and April is snoring on your bed, promise sheets will be changed before you get home. love you xxx Mum xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  49. sorry - another one from jojayed but this is mum now!!!!!!!! been shopping today and have only just got back from early this morning so just a quick hi before i go to bed. I miss you zillions, i love you squillions, and enough now - come home already!!!!!!!!! no sweetie have fun, enjoy every minute and you are my world!!!!!!!!!!!! Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi Elisa, hope all is well with you and you have had another good day. Thanks for the lovely postcard which we received today. Your old bedroom will be finished tomorrow for Jordan and your new room will be done next week, have ordered the blinds for you! Looking forward to seeing your lovely face tomorrow. Loads of luv Mummy dad and jordan xxxx

    ReplyDelete